Basic Premise: A young policewoman transfers to a large city’s detective unit, investigates a string of crimes, and falls for a fellow investigator.
- The dialog, comedic timing, and tone work beautifully. Many of the tropes and plot elements could have been eye-rollers , but the execution is fantastic.
- The MC, as in Kirisawa‘s and Nomura‘s routes, is awesome. She’s good at her job, clicks well with the other detectives, and acts like a reasonable, multifaceted individual. I can’t recall one instance that I thought “Who DOES that?!”
- Kimura feels like a person despite all the stock elements used.
- The mystery plot ties in nicely with the characters.
- The localization and proofreading are nearly perfect.
- Both endings are adorable.
- The 1st Unit Detectives are so incompetent that it may break your suspension of disbelief. It didn’t particularly bother me because the tone is snappy and they’re called out on it, but YMMV.
Bottom Line: Highly recommended. I’m off to play it again.