Basic Premise: The main character and her husband face work and relationship challenges one year after his affair.
- The plot and characters felt grounded. Without giving away the main plot: the few “yeah, right” moments that I didn’t buy the MC also didn’t buy and was later vindicated.
- I understood and empathised with both sides in the main relationship conflict – very rare in a sequel.
- The writer portrays Koichi’s mother much more sympathetically in this route than in many of the others. Her part may be small, but she’s more a person than a shrewish plot convenience.
- The MC’s entire conversation at Koichi’s work function is fantastic.
- The first nine chapters of the route are so quiet and straightforward that the best ending gave me cavities. The normal one, while still sweet, better fit the tone of the previous chapters.
Overall: Recommended. Both the characters evolve believably, and I hope there will be future installments.